Isabelle

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Decorating the Nook

Previously I said I was going to paint the white kitchen set, but NyXy had other ideas and I found this.
It's perfect because she could have things sitting on the shelf. The door opens, too.
I am now hunting for a sink. I don't want it too modern. I know the aga isn't old, but it has the right feel for the room.

I'm considering wiring in some lights too. I have bought some rather fancy lights that I was going to use in Kirscha's work room, but they aren't right and they would be just perfect for NyXy's Nook. Yet again this amazing creature has been sending me messages through the ether. I think she's going to be stealing things from Kirscha.
It looks like Riven Manor and the Nook will be sitting side by side once they are finished. We shall just have to travel through the faerie door to get from one world to the other. LOL
I need to make a Faerie door!
I bought these and some copper pots, but the photo won't load for some odd reason. I hope that doesn't mean NyXy doesn't like them, but it probably means she has no intention of cooking. She'll leave that to Feyorin and the giggling Elves Tickle Tumble and Bibbetty Boo.


Yay I got the pots pic to load.

Beautiful wood flooring on card for the lower floor. I need to name that room. Lounge/Kitchen/Study - what should I call it? Any ideas?



This gorgeous paper is for her bedroom. I'd seen this in January and wanted it, but it wasn't Kirscha so passed and then NyXy reminded me. When I tracked it down the auction was just a couple of hours from ending and there were 2 sheets! I won it, of course. The sparkles were with me. *ggg*

I wanted to show the paper for the lounge but again I can't get the thing to upload. I'll try adding it later.

I'm thinking about coffins and how to make her front door and windows look like them. I also need to decide on the outside walls. I'll still hunt for bark, but it the house is going to look like a coffin then really they should be dirt! I'm not gluing dirt to the house no matter what she says. She can go and get some sterilized dirt. The thought of all those micro organisms crawling in it, makes me squirm. Yuck!

There will be no roof now so she can gaze up at the stars from her bedroom.

Pondering...

No comments:

Post a Comment