Isabelle

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Painting Furniture

Remember that pale wooded shelf unit? This is it transformed
Painted black, red glitter varnish added to edges, gold corner stickers added and voila, a gorgeous new unit.
NyXy: Who did all da workz?
Me: I did and you helped with ideas.
N: Okayz, dat workz.
Me: Thanks.

And this is the unit I was going to paint black, but I liked the dark wood and so embelished it instead.
Gold glitter striping added and sealed with gloss varnish. Gold glitter varnish on doors and enhanced with gold paint.
NyXy: I approve and da doorz open so I can putz my stuff in it.
Me: Great! You're tidier than I am.
NyXy: Everyonez tidier than you. *sigh*
Me: OK... don't tell everyone. At least I get things done.


Putting it all together... the floor has now been varnished with a matte sealant as the naughty lizards kept marking it. I've tested it and it doesn't mark now.
NyXy: Good 'coz my lizziez are going to stay and live in this room.
Me: That's why I painted it. *sigh*


Me: I see the kettle is on. May I have a cup of tea, Bibbetty? And what are you cooking? Bliss looks very interested in it.
NyXy: Tea! Who drinkz tea?
Me: I do and I expect Bibbetty does and I'd be certain that Bliss wouldn't turn her nose up at a nice cup of Earl Grey.
NyX: Bliss? Do you mean Blissemloare?
Me: *sigh* Fine... no tea. I'll get my own and no thanks from you as usual, but while I'm here I'm going to mention all the work 'I' did.
The skirting was added to the side and back walls after being painted gold. Gold glitter striping was added all around the room as a dado rail which was a right PITA I might add. I also put a black glitter stripe on the right hand wall.
The wire for the table lamp was painted black and gold and the ceiling light was STOLEN from Kirscha's dining room.
You do know she's going to want your wand for this, don't you? Fancy stealing it! Anyway, I changed it, made it shorter and will get the lighting system working eventually, but want to put the wall lights in upstairs first. I just ran out of time.


I then painted this crib silver and added the lace glitter sticker on all sides. Blue is waiting for Eddy to arrive.
When the postie came today, I was all excited hoping it was Eddy, but alas it was Part1 of the Crackle glaze. Not so exciting.
The small uprights are painted a pale lilac glitter varnish, but it's not really noticeable here.

Bibbetty tried it out too.


And finally, I put silver braiding around the heart window.
There are still things to do, but I feel 'we' achieved quite a bit today. Now I'll get that cuppa.

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks awesome Valli! Great job on all the decorating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Now I have to dismantle it to paint the outside. LOL Should really have done that first, but I wanted to see it nearly finished. This is fun.

    ReplyDelete