Isabelle

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Decorating

I spent Monday working on the Nook.
NyXy: WHO worked on it?
Me: Erm... ok it was you. Now let me show everyone what 'we' did.
NyXy: Okayz...

N: We cut outz da wallz from foam board and taped it in place, right?
Me: Right, yes, go on...

N: Then I tried dis crackle paper floor and me didn't like it. So...

N: I tried da silver fabric and it woz good. Got the Guardian to do some work.
Me: See I did work on it.
N: *Scowl*
Me: Go on... *twiddles thumbs, eyes rolling*

N: Abra ka boom!

N: I nearly finished da room.
Me: Great stuff, but we need to explain what the crackle paper is doing on the right hand wall.
N: *scowl*

N: Dis here be the chimenie breasty thing and weez going to putz in a fireplace.
Me: Lets hope we find one the right size and one you like as you're being so fussy about it.
N: *Scowl*
Me: *sigh*

N: All that workz made me tired. Bibbetty?! Bed!

'Beddetty, bed!'

Blissemloare watches over the house her treasure.

N: You can go nowz. Weez sleepingz here.
Me: Fine, don't say thank you. I'm the one that got all covered in glue and ...
N: Snoorkk... ZZZzzzzz
Me: *cough*
N: Wot?!
Me: You haven't told them about the work I erm... we did in the lounge.
N: *scowl* {gets up}

Me: Empty chair? Where are you? *blink*

Me: Oh there you are.
N: *scowl*
Me: Please explain... *sigh*
N: I tried a different floor, but didn't like it. I do like the walls with the gold card and Regency paper on the bottom. Ok, you tell, I'm going to bedz.
Me: OK, night. So... put the old floor back in but covered up the gap by changing the furniture around.

Just need to decide where the lights will go. The desk lamp wire will be painted gold so that I can move it around the room without looking too odd.

There was going to be a dado rail but I might use gold braid instead as the rail pushes everything away from the wall.
Once we've made the decision of where to put the 2 wall lights, I'll make holes and fix them permanently to the board. Will probably live with this for a while first.

The middle unit and the right hand one both need painting and embellishing.
I need to decorate the doors/front walls inside then start working on the outside once the crackle paint base arrives. (It just arrived!)
The floor also needs to be varnished because her lizards mark it. They are very sticky and whatever they ooze it makes a greasy mark on the floor. Bad lizards!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment